This week we will have a guest on Tuesday the 18th. Pavel Samoylenko will speak to us about how to apply for financial aid (government money for going to college). Here are links to help you learn about financial aid:
Then work on these assignments for class:
1. Create one slide in Microsoft PowerPoint after watching me demonstrate. You can watch the same video here.
2. Then type your paragraphs from last week and fix any mistakes. Email them to me and also give back your first drafts.
3. Work on spelling. These are the words about financial aid. I’m hoping these will help you prepare for our speaker.
And here is more about financial aid vocabulary:
4. After practicing vocabulary words, go to the reading site. Choose any one reading and do the exercises with it:
5. Practice grammar with past tense and work on time phrases. Remember you will need these to write your autobiography or about your trips to your favorite places.
6. Practice the Ventures site. Remember! We are studying Book 2, Unit 6 about time! We studied this before but will look at the words and phrases to help you write your autobiographies this week.
Finally, you can work on extra writing and listening exercises if you have the time. It’s a good idea to practice the loan information this week.