This week we will have a guest on Thursday. She is a tax adviser who will speak to us about taxes.
You can take a look at this AARP (American Association of Retired Persons) tax website for basic information about what she does.
There is a lot of information! Take some time to look at it from home if you can.
Then work on these assignments for class:
1. Type your paragraphs and fix any mistakes. Email them to me and also give back your first drafts.
2. Work on spelling. These are the money words we studied last week. I’m hoping these will help you prepare for our speaker.
3. Try this exercise to study tax vocabulary.
4. After practicing vocabulary words, go to the reading site. Choose any one reading and do the exercises with it:
5. Practice grammar with comparisons and superlatives.
This video has a LOT of great examples with English speakers using comparatives and superlatives.
5. Practice the Ventures site. Remember! We are studying Book 2, Unit 7 about shopping!
Finally, you can work on extra writing and listening exercises if you have the time. It’s a good idea to practice the loan information this week.